Welcome to Pilot!
We value your privacy and we work hard to protect the information you provide to us.
Pilot (ACN:631 968 486) (we, us, our) is a men's mental, sexual and hair health platform that facilitates confidential consultations with Australian Registered doctors (Partner Doctors) and other Australian registered health practitioners (Partner Practitioners). Pilot is bound by the Australia Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
1. How we collect your personal information
We will collect and hold your personal information in a fair and lawful manner, and not in an intrusive way. Where it is reasonably practical to do so, we will collect your personal information directly from you. Our Partner Doctors or Partner Practitioners may also collect and hold your personal information (including your health information).
We may collect the personal information you directly give us through some of the following means:
- when you make an inquiry or order in relation to goods or services through our website located at www.pilot.com.au;
- when you attend an online consultation with a Partner Doctor or Partner Practitioner through the Website, your treating practitioner will make, hold and maintain your medical records. Pilot may also hold notes made by your Partner Doctor or Partner Practitioner. Any health information held by Pilot will be managed in accordance with the Health Records and Information Privacy Act NSW (2002) or other relevant State legislation.
- in administering and performing any contracts with service providers;
- when you contact us via telephone or facsimile;
- from correspondence (whether in writing or electronically), including when you complete our online form, contact us through the Chat feature of our website or write to us by email or the old-fashioned way;
- through any mobile applications provided by our organisation;
- while conducting customer satisfaction and market research surveys;
- when administering any of our services; and
- as otherwise required to manage our business.
We may also collect personal information from publically available sources and third parties, such as suppliers, recruitment agencies, contractors, our clients and business partners.
If we collect personal information about you from a third party we will, where appropriate, request that the third party inform you that we are holding such information, how we will use and disclose it, and that you may contact us to gain access to and correct and update the information.
2. Types of personal information we collect
The type of personal information we may collect can include (but is not limited to), your name, postal address, email address, phone numbers, date of birth, billing and shipping information, your device ID, IP address, statistics on page views, traffic, standard web log-in information, details of the services and provides you make enquiries about, and, if applicable, employment information.
We will collect and hold sensitive health information about you, such as your height, weight and medical history and any information you provide to Partner Doctors or Partner Practitioners. We only collect sensitive health information about you with your consent, or otherwise in accordance with the Privacy Act.
Where you do not wish to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with requested goods or services.
3. Our purposes for handling your personal information
We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information to:
- offer and provide you with our goods and services;
- manage and administer those goods and services, including account keeping procedures;
- provide facilities to Partner Doctors and Partner Practitioners using Pilot so that they can arrange consultations with you;
- communicate with you about, including (but not limited to), the services you have sought, follow-up or at the request of the Partner Doctor or Partner Practitioner, email you tax invoices, dispatch and track information, returns and exchange authorisations;
- send you marketing or promotional information in relation to Pilot or any of Pilot's group companies or business partners that might be of interest to you;
- comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- consider your application for employment (if applicable); and
- otherwise to manage our business.
4. Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose personal information between our organisations or to third parties such as our suppliers, organisations that provide us with technical and support services, or our professional advisors, where permitted by the Privacy Act. If we disclose information to a third party, we generally require that the third party protect your information to the same extent that we do.
- Partner Doctors;
- Partner Practitioners;
- Cloud service providers; and
- Payment system operators (such as Shopify).
5. Protection of personal information
We will hold personal information as either secure physical records, electronically on our intranet system, in cloud storage, and in some cases, records on third party servers, which may be located overseas.
We maintain appropriate physical, procedural and technical security for our offices and information storage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, or modification of personal information. This also applies to disposal of personal information.
We further protect personal information by restricting access to personal information to only those who need access to the personal information do their job. Physical, electronic and managerial procedures have been employed to safeguard the security and integrity of your personal information.
We will destroy or de-identify personal information once it is no longer needed for a valid purpose or required to be kept by law.
6. Direct marketing
Like most businesses, marketing is important to our continued success. We believe we have a unique range of products and services that we provide to customers at a high standard. We therefore like to stay in touch with customers and let them know about new opportunities. We may provide you with information about new products, services and promotions either from us, or from third parties which may be of interest to you.
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without your consent.
You may opt out at any time if you no longer wish to receive commercial messages from us. You can make this request by unsubscribing from all future marketing messages by following unsubscribe links included in each marketing email or by contacting our Privacy Officer.
8. Accessing and correcting your personal information
You may contact our Privacy Officer to request access to the personal information that we hold about you and/or to make corrections to that information, at any time. On the rare occasions when we refuse access, we will provide you with a written notice stating our reasons for refusing access. We may seek to recover from you reasonable costs incurred for providing you with access to any of the personal information about you held by us.
We are not obliged to correct any of your personal information if we do not agree that it requires correction and may refuse to do so. If we refuse a correction request, we will provide you with a written notice stating our reasons for refusing.
We will respond to all requests for access to or correction of personal information within a reasonable time.
9. Overseas transfers of personal information
If in future we do propose to disclose personal information overseas, we will do so in compliance with the requirements of the Privacy Act. We will, where practicable, advise you of the countries in which any overseas recipients are likely to be located.
If you do not want us to disclose your information to overseas recipients, please let us know.
From time to time we may engage an overseas recipient to provide services to us, such as cloud-based storage solutions. Please note that the use of overseas service providers to store personal information will not always involve a disclosure of personal information to that overseas provider. However, by providing us with your personal information, you consent to the storage of such information on overseas servers (such as servers located in the United States of America) and acknowledge that Australian Privacy Principle 8.1 will not apply to such disclosures. For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that an overseas recipient breaches the APPs, that entity will not be bound by, and you will not be able seek redress under, the Privacy Act.
10. Resolving personal information concerns
The Privacy Officer
Telephone: 0491 205 199
We take all complaints seriously, and will respond to your complaint within a reasonable period.
If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Telephone: 0491 205 199
The last update to this document was April 2019.